BLACK RICE BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- 1 cup forbidden black rice, soaked over night
- 1 cup coconut milk (almond, hemp, soy, or non-dairy milk of your choice), plus more for serving
- 1 cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Goji Berries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and cut into chunks
- Drain and rinse black rice and place in a medium size pot. Add coconut milk, water and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for an hour. Stir porridge every 10 minutes, add a little more coconut milk or water towards the end of cooking if porridge becomes too thick. You can also cook it in a rice cooker if you have one!
- To serve: spoon black rice porridge into bowls, top with shredded coconut, fresh kiwi, goji berries, honey, and some coconut milk.