LEMON GARLIC ROASTED BROCCOLI SALAD
Adapted from this recipe
Serves 2 as main, 4 as side
- 3 heads broccoli, florets and stems roughly chopped
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parley
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 cups baby kale
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1 avocado, sliced
- On a large baking sheet, toss together the broccoli, chickpeas, pine nuts, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and a large pinch of both salt and pepper. You may need two baking sheets for this. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli is just beginning to char. Remove from the oven and stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the roasted broccoli. Add the baby kale and pomegranate arils. Gently toss to combine. Transfer the salad to a bowl and top with sliced avocado.